Sunday, January 15, 2012

Top 3 Reads of 2005

Marley &  Me

I sped through the first 3/4 of the book then had to read a chapter at a time as Marley aged. I knew the inevitable ending and I cried like I'd lost a dear friend. Anyone who has ever had or known a rambunctious dog will appreciate this book.






My Friend Leonard

Another of my favorites, I have developed an appreciation for the struggles an addict faces daily and this book proves that James Frey is beating his addictions one day at a time, in his own way. I especially loved the ending. I can't wait to read more from Mr. Frey and hear how his life is these days.





A Million Little Pieces


This was a very frank and sometimes disturbing view of the life of an addict. The book details the authors six week stint in rehab at the age of 23. I saw a side of life I knew existed but of which I truly had no concept.

No comments: