Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Books I Read in 2009

2009 was an off year for me in more ways than one. I read only twenty books, about one-third of what I usually do. The fact that I remember only a few of these titles in no way reflects the worth of a book. I was just very distracted. I do highly recommend Cold Tangerines. It was very uplifting and worth buying in quantity.


Fiction
Disquiet - Julia Leigh
Last Night at the Lobster - Stewart O'Nan
Heart in the Right Place - Carolyn Jourdan
Perfidia - Judith Rossner
The Story of Forgetting: A Novel - Stefan Merrill Block
The Slow Moon: A Novel - Elizabeth Cox
Girls in Trucks - Katie Crouch
Go With Me: A Novel - Castle Freeman
The Neighbor - Lisa Gardner
The Sweet By and By: A Novel - Todd Johnson
Catching Genius - Kristy Kiernan
Duma Key - Stephen King
Dating Dead Men - Harley Jane Kozak
The Catcher in the Rye - J.D. Salinger
The Safety of Objects - A.M. Homes

Non-Fiction
Are You There, VOdka? It's Me, Chelsea - Chelsea Handler
Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life - Gail Blanke
One Thing at a Time: 100 Simple Ways to Live Clutter-Free Every Day - Clindy Glovinsky
Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping - Judith Levine
Another Bullshit Night in Suck City: A Memoir - Nick Flynn
Weekends at Bellevue - Julie Holland
Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life - Shauna Niequist

No comments: